Tuesday, January 17, 2012

These Boots are Made for Walkin'

Well, not quite boots, but I got me some brandy-new walking shoes.  (I could have referenced Lowell George's "Put on Your Sailin' Shoes", but I figure Nancy Sinatra needed a shout out.)  I must say they (the shoes) are very comfortable and have worked wonders keeping me on track. (Please pardon the pun.  It was intentional, but unavoidable.)  Sadly, in spite of their comfort, they squeak; so they're a bit embarrassing when I walk.  Not as bad as the lycra pants I wear, but pretty bad.  There will not be a photo of the lycra pants.


We've been warming up our walking regimen slowly; still getting the kinks out.  Monday after Sam and I bought our new shoes, she and I went for a lovely walk in the snow flurries with Cindy.  Tuesday Cindy and I joined  Sheila for a spin around New Jersey, but sadly Cindy aggravated her knee.  She's taking it easy until she sees the doctor this week.

I fully broke in my shoes with a weekend in New York.  Traipsing around the city Friday, Saturday and Sunday got me warmed up (in spite of the frigid temperatures) for an evening of ice skating at Rockefeller Center (which I would not have been able to survive had we not started this walking thing).  

Monday our enlarged crew hit the streets cruising the pathways and cul de sacs challenging any and all cars in our path.  A posse of Anne, Marta, Sheila and I called on Cindy, who lent us her encouragement as we set out on our walkabout.  The walk was fun, invigorating and successful, as no paramedics needed to be called.

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. You're too much! Was going to say more, but I think I'll save it for a post!

    ReplyDelete